Chou Hallegra, the founder of Grace & Hope Consulting, LLC, is a mental health & diversity consultant specializing in stress management, suicide prevention, grief and trauma recovery, inclusive practices, customized employment, Person-Centered Thinking, social skills and personal development. She is also a best-selling author, speaker and life coach on a mission to help people rise above their circumstances so they can enjoy life to the fullest.
Chou holds many credentials, including the following:
- Licensed Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Trainer
- Licensed Trainer for Trauma-Informed Care
- Certified Emotional Intelligence Coach
- Certified Employee Performance Coach
- Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional
- Certified Grief Counseling Specialist
- Certified Family Trauma Professional
- Certified AutPlay Therapy Provider
- Certified Master Life Coach
- Certified Supports Broker
- Certified in the Discovery Process of Customized Employment
- Certified Trainer for Person-Centered Thinking
- Certified Cognitive- Behavioral Group Therapist
She has over a decade of experience working in human services, providing counseling, case management, and job coaching to individuals affected by mental health challenges, intellectual and developmental differences, addictions, homelessness, and single parenting. Chou also provides training and consulting to schools, churches, businesses and nonprofit agencies.
Chou completed a Master's of Arts degree in Human Services at Liberty University and an Advanced Diploma in Biblical Counseling at Light University. She also holds a post-graduate certificate in Rehabilitation Counseling from Utah State University. Chou completed additional trauma-related training, including Trauma Focused Cognitive- Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) , Skills Training in Affect and Interpersonal Regulation (STAIR) , and Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) for Traumatized Children.
Having personally experienced some debilitating and chronic health conditions, Chou is passionate about helping others achieve mental/emotional wellness and reach their full potential so they can enjoy fulfilling lives. As a parent of children with complex needs, she understands first-hand the challenges of caregiving and loves to support families of people with disabilities and/or special healthcare needs.
Chou is involved with many advocacy organizations and enjoys serving others. She is bilingual in French and English and embraces diversity.